There isn't much notion of governance, control, or implementation of policies in cloud computing today. It's critical to design your architecture so that you can securely connect and abstract out services, processes, and data—both from inside and outside of your direct control. Governance extends beyond just the technology to aspects of process, people, and policies. Benefits include:
- Better control and visibility of services inside and outside the firewall
- Better compliance with regulations as they apply to cloud services
- Facilitate business and IT workshops to design joint program management and governance organizational structure, policies, processes, reporting, budgets, committees, etc.
- Manage and coordinate initiatives with client leadership team, key stakeholders and vendors
- Manage smooth and successful transition to new / enhanced program management and governance structure
- Track progress, cost and manage day-to-day execution